Release pdfSweep 3.0.0
Release date: October 25, 2021
In the 3.0.0 release pdfSweep as with all other iText 7 add-ons gets the support of the new License Mechanism and removes a few deprecated methods in the API.
An important note is that this release contains a security bugfix for a vulnerability which was identified in the
CompareTool functionality, where it was possible to abuse some functionality in GhostScript to inject arbitrary parameters. Therefore it is recommended to update as soon as possible.
As the cherry on top of the cake it benefits from all the improvements featured in iText 7 Core 7.2.0, and the logging improvements for the .NET customers as a result of the move to version 4.6.1 of the .NET Framework.
- Removed deprecated methods from API
- Bump to .NET Framework 4.6.1
- Unified License Mechanism
- Streams are left open in case when PdfDocument/PdfReader constructor throws an Exception
- Security vulnerability in CompareTool
Examples (latest ones)